Lots about Bedminster Green in March’s South Bristol Voice:
- Critics queue to slam Bedminster Green plan
- Cinema plan wins supporters – but most aren’t from BS3
- ‘What use is the Framework?’
Local Plan consultation
The Local Plan is now open for consultation until 24 May 2019. It contains proposals for Bristol’s development over the next 20 years, including planning policy for homes, jobs and open spaces.
Bedminster Green Framework approved
- See the final Framework (PDF)
- Read WHaM’s response to the draft Framework (PDF)
- Read Bristol Civic Society’s response to the draft Framework (PDF)
- See BCC’s decision and all the background papers
Plot 1: a2Dominion planning application
The Plot 1 application from a2Dominion includes accommodation for 550 students in six blocks (8 to 10 storeys) and 49 units of affordable housing (100% social rented) in a further block (10 storeys rising to 12 storeys). Four disabled car parking spaces, 163 cycle spaces, 2 drop-off areas and a service bay are also included. Completion is scheduled for the 2021 student intake.
Plot 4: Dandara planning application
Dandara has made a planning application for Plot 4 (Little Paradise). Proposals include two buildings of 329 flats for rent, a gym, a ‘flexible activity space’, concierge, residents lounge and cycle parking.
- See Dandara’s planning application and make your comments
- Read Dandara’s ‘response to community feedback’ (PDF)
Plot 2: Firmstone planning application
Firmstone has put in a planning application for a major retail, residential and commercial development next to the existing block on St Catherine’s Place (Plot 2). The application includes a cinema – but no affordable housing.