WHaM and local developments in the news
- Local developments must include ‘Bedminster’ and ‘green’
- Support rallies to save the Windy
- St Catherine’s Place plans rejected
- Revised plans for St Catherine’s submitted amid concerns
- Cllr Jon Wellington on the Malago Rd application refusal
- Revised plans for St Catherine’s Place
- Tower block reduced – but ‘changes not extensive enough’
- Developers reduce height of 22-storey tower block in Bedminster in revised plans
- Decisions on the horizon for Bedminster Green developments
- Affordable housing development earmarked for St John’s Lane
- Homes for all. Karin Smyth MP on Bedminster Green
- Arup contracted by Bristol City Council to ‘process a range of planning applications and associated work within reasonable timescales’.
- Development sites revealed in the Local Plan
- Bedminster Green Framework waved through by Cabinet
- Revealed: plans for thousands of homes
- Critics queue to slam Bedminster Green plan
- Cinema plan wins supporters – but most aren’t from BS3
- ‘What use is the Framework?’
- How will Green developers respond to public’s views?
- ‘The public interest requires new approach’: Civic Society
- Rule change could bring millions more to Bedminster
- First pictures of major new student development planned for Bedminster Green
- Are high-rise developers breaking their own rules?
- Revealed: Plans that break developers’ own guidelines
- Bedminster Green – consultation by Christmas
- Developers’ framework for Bedminster Green goes out to public view
- Rollo struggles to convince on height and parking fears
- Tower plans submitted soon
- The people reject tall buildings – so what IS council policy going to be
- Local councillors’ letter to the Bedminster Green developers
- Posh new flats in Bedminster expected to cost more than £200,000 for two-bedroom units
- Calls for ‘Bedminster housing plan’ as developers scramble to put in applications for high-rise flats
- What next for East St?
- Plans for towers will create a ‘canyon effect’ in Malago Rd
- Rats tell us the real impact of high rises – resident’s letter in the South Bristol Voice
- Developers inch closer to presenting a joined-up plan for Bedminster Green
- Backlash against drive for tall buildings
- When will people be able to look at a plan for all of Bedminster Green?
- ‘Don’t allow Bedminster to be ruined like Totterdown was’
- Residents’ letters about Bedminster Green in the South Bristol Voice
- Plans for a sky-high city … to include Bedminster Green
- Council to reveal which areas most suitable for high-rises!
- Bedminster tower blocks – the only way is up?
- Hope for a unified plan by Bedminster Green developers
- Bedminster Green: Rollo cuts height
- Campaign launched to save acclaimed live music venue – threat to The Fiddlers from development
- If we are to influence these plans, we need your support – letter from WHaM chair in the South Bristol Voice
- Rollo Homes revised proposals: press release (PDF)
- ‘Don’t sell our trees and green space to be built on’- : WHam held a bulb planting event on the Green
- Experts struggle to convince residents on energy centre
- Councillors should call the bluff on developers’ gamble – resident’s letter in the South Bristol Voice
- Southville councillors Stephen Clarke and Charlie Bolton comment on the Bedminster Green development
- ‘High density is needed to meet our housing targets’ – Cllr Nicola Beech
- Rollo’s threat over affordable homes
- WHaM meets Cllr Nicola Beech to walk round the Bedminster Green site.
- Rollo defends 10-storey plans against residents’ complaints
- Take a look at our ideas for a new masterplan, says WHaM
- One tower may not be built after all
- WHaM meets Cllr Nicola Beech, Cabinet Member for Spatial Planning and City Design, to present our Community Planning Brief (PDF).
- Take control of Beds Green plans, residents tell Mayor
- Plea to the Mayor to act over Bedminster Green
- Anger at the latest 18-storey plan for Bedminster Green
- ‘Put community need before commercial greed in Bedminster Green regeneration’
- Urbis energy centre consultation information (PDF) and Urbis press release (Word)
- WHaM press release on Urbis energy centre proposals (Word)
- Plans for £11m energy centre in Bedminster
- ‘Piecemeal development of Bedminster site needs to be addressed’
- Karin Smyth, MP for Bristol South, re. Bedminster Green: ‘I would like the council to have someone in charge to look at the entire area, in totality, not have these little pockets [considered individually]’. Read Karin Smyth’s interview
- Rollo says it has deal to buy more of Bedminster Green
- Urbis proposes a large-scale development next to Bedminster station
Residents object to 17-storey block
- Objections roll in to Rollo plan for Malago energy centre
- Now two energy centres on the cards
- Rollo Homes promises social housing – and consultation
- Bus lane could derail Rollo flats
- Residents aren’t the only ones objecting to 10-storey flats
- “We can still include community benefits” says Urbis
- One Love Breakfast Show interview on BCfm (21/2/17; 9am; 10 mins)
WHaM chair Howard Purse highlights concerns about Bedminster Green
- Affordable homes for Bedminster
Acorn launches petition objecting to Rollo Homes planning application
- WHaM Chair Howard Purse meets Karin Smyth, MP for Bristol South, to discuss Bedminster Green concerns
- The Bristol Post interviews a group of residents on Bedminster Green
- Developer ‘can’t afford’ to build affordable housing
- No affordable flats in latest plan for Bedminster Green
- Bristol City Council Q&As
WHaM submitted questions to the Full Council meetings on 8 November and 13 December 2016.
- Read the answers to our questions about trees on the Green, housing density, affordable housing, health care provision, employment, planning applications for Bedminster Green.
- A say in how we live
WHaM members Cynthia Goldstein and Dianne James discuss the community’s vision.
- Residents to quiz mayor over tall buildings policy
- WHaM met the Mayor and Cllr Paul Smith (Cabinet Member for Housing) and formally submitted a copy of our Community Planning Brief (PDF).
- Low-rise, high-density homes are community vision for Bedminster Green
- One Love Breakfast Show interview on BCfm (11/10/2016; 9am; 36:40 mins).
Interview with Howard Purse, discussing WHaM’s views on the Bedminster Green development
- Community mustn’t be the loser from £100m scheme
- Is Bedminster to get its own version of East Berlin?
- Controversial Bristol scheme gets planning
- Bristol mayor speaks of regret over tower-scheme go-ahead